Welcome to the UCI Division of Career Pathways
- Our Mission
The Division of Career Pathways educates and engages UCI students and alumni to realize their career potential. We do this by:
- Coordinating with the campus community in the professional development of students.
- Providing students and alumni with tools and support to attain their career goals.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to the employer community while recognizing individual recruiting needs.
- Our Values
- Collaboration: We establish and enhance meaningful partnerships with employers, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and students to advance the delivery of career services.
- Excellence: Our actions and strategies pursue the highest standards of professionalism to achieve optimal outcomes for our constituents.
- Innovation: We creatively develop and inspire new solutions to continuously meet changing constituent needs and expectations.
- Integrity: We foster an environment of honesty, trust, respect, and appreciating and valuing others.
- Student-Centered: We are committed to empowering and educating our diverse student community to develop their career readiness skills.
- Our Strategic Themes
Our overall goal is to expand and improve career services provided to students, alumni, and employers through the better coordination of existing campus services and the strategic addition of new services, technology, and processes. We will achieve this goal through six strategic themes over the next few years.
- Early Engagement: We seek to demonstrate to all prospective and new students and their parents that UC Irvine is committed to assisting students with their careers before and after graduation.
- Authentic Workplace Experience: We believe every student should have the opportunity to experience at least one job or internship before graduation. In addition, they should be able to translate their experiences into skills and abilities for future opportunities.
- Career Development Communities: We strive to coordinate the many career related resources available across the UCI campus through the expansion of extant career communities – school, disciplinary, or student-defined.
- Leveraging Technology: To help best serve our constituents with higher quality career services, our goal is to identify, acquire, and implement the latest effective technologies.
- Career Competitive Graduates: Our goal is to produce graduates who are competitive for the careers and jobs they desire.
- First in Class Space: Our goal is to provide interview, meeting, seminar, and office space to ensure our Division is able to serve the maximum number of students and employers at the highest level.
Thanks for visiting us today!
Our division serves as the hub for career development and preparation for our students, staff, faculty, alumni, and professionals, as well as a recruitment center for local, regional, and national organizations.
The DCP, and our close cooperation with the Division of Continuing Education, strengthens the University’s land grant mission to deliver continuing and lifelong education. And this illustrates our significant commitment and investment in supporting your career aspirations.
As the Associate Vice Provost of the division, I’m focused on enabling you to gain the knowledge and expertise that you need to identify and enter meaningful careers. You, and the generations that have graduated before you, help our business communities thrive through your dedication, creativity, and innovation.
The DCP staff will help you stay connected to the Anteater family for years to come as you explore the next stages of your life.
Associate Vice Provost, Division of Career Pathways