Talk with DCP career education staff on-campus or online. Discuss your career plan, the internship and job search process, graduate school planning, and review your resume and cover letter.
10 Minute On-Campus Drop-in Sessions
- Drop by the DCP patio from 11am to 2pm, Monday through Friday, with your quick career questions.
- Typical topics include an overview of our services, internship and job search tips, how to use Handshake, quick interview prep, questions about graduate and professional school admissions, and resume and cover letter reviews.
- If we can’t address your concern in a quick drop-in, you can sign up for a scheduled appointment. In addition, we have many online tools available anytime, such as VMock for resume reviews, Big Interview for interview assistance, and Focus-2 Careers for career assessments.
- If drop-ins are busy, we may stop accepting drop-in requests before 2pm.
30 Minute Virtual Career Planning Appointments
- Schedule online from your Handshake homepage, select Career Center from the menu across the top of the page and then Appointments
- Click on Schedule A New Appointment
- These sessions are for exploring navigating the career development process including self assessment, career exploration, the job/internship search process, or graduate school planning
- These sessions can also be used for resume and cover letter reviews
Late Arrival Policy
- For Counseling Appointments
Students who log in more than 10 minutes late for an appointment will have their appointment automatically cancelled. The student will then need to reschedule their appointment on Handshake. Career counselors update their availability weekly, but students are also encouraged to check Handshake regularly in case appointment times become available due to cancellations
* Appointments are subject to change or cancellation during holiday periods, recesses, breaks or special campus ceremonies. To confirm appointments during these periods or events, please contact the DCP at (949) 824-6881.