Drop-in Sessions and Scheduled 30 Minute Appointments
Talk with DCP career education staff on-campus or online. Discuss your career plan, the internship and job search process, graduate school planning, and review your resume and cover letter.
- We encourage you to make an appointment with a career educator through Handshake. Both in-person and virtual appointments are available. To make an appointment, log in to your Handshake account and select Career Center at the top right. Then, click on the "Appointments" button to schedule an appointment.
10 Minute In-person Drop-in Sessions
- Fall drop-ins begin on Thursday, 9/22 and end on Thursday, 12/8 of finals week.
- During fall, drop-ins will take place at the DCP lobby and on our patio, Tuesday through Thursday from Noon to 2:00 p.m. Stop by with your quick career questions and meet with us! Our patio is located at the Student Services 1 building, across from the Student Center Starbucks.
- On Mondays, visit our DCP table (on Ring Road directly in front of DCP) from Noon to 2:00 p.m. to learn about our workshops/events and connect with DCP staff.
- Typical topics include an overview of our services, internship and job search tips, how to use Handshake, quick interview prep, questions about graduate and professional school admissions, and resume and cover letter reviews.
- If we can't address your concern in a quick drop-in, you can sign up for a scheduled appointment. In addition, we have many online tools available anytime, such as Big Interview for interview assistance, and Focus Careers for career assessments.
- If drop-ins are busy, we may stop accepting drop-in requests before 2pm.
30 Minute Virtual and In-person Career Planning Appointments
- Schedule online from your Handshake homepage, select Career Center from the menu across the top of the page and then Appointments
- Click on Schedule A New Appointment
- These sessions are for exploring navigating the career development process including self assessment, career exploration, the job/internship search process, or graduate school planning
- These sessions can also be used for resume and cover letter reviews
Late Arrival Policy
- For Counseling Appointments
Students who log or arrive in more than 10 minutes late for an appointment will have their appointment automatically cancelled. The student will then need to reschedule their appointment on Handshake. Career educators update their availability weekly, but students are also encouraged to check Handshake regularly in case appointment times become available due to cancellations
* Appointments are subject to change or cancellation during holiday periods, recesses, breaks or special campus ceremonies. To confirm appointments during these periods or events, please contact the DCP at (949) 824-6881.
- Assessment Resources
- California Career Zone
- O*NET Online – Occupation Information Database
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
Please feel free to share any feedback on your career appointment to email@example.com.