ChatGPT and other generative AI can streamline aspects of the job and internship search. Like other tools, they work best if you know how to use them effectively and ethically.
- Check responses for inaccuracies and inclusion of your unique words and voice.
- Use specific queries and engage in dialogue by asking follow-up questions. Use the “Regenerate Response” button to see other options.
- Ask for specific responses based on your materials and for responses that use different tones, such as formal, engaging, or casual.
- AI does not provide the expertise and holistic, individualized approach that career counseling does. We encourage you to use our drop-ins, appointments, and programs to get well-rounded recommendations and support.
Sample Prompts to Use
- We Asked ChatGPT to Write Resumes and Cover Letters. Here’s What It Got Right (and Wrong)
- How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- People Are Using ChatGPT to Write Their Job Applications. Should You?
- ChatGPT Answers Questions About Its Role in Recruiting and Hiring
- 3 in 4 Job Seekers Who Used ChatGPT to Write Their Resume Got an Interview
- 10 Ways to Use ChatGPT to Land a Great Job
- Exploring AI and ChatGPT: Impact and Possibilities