Career assessments are a great tool to help you understand how your unique interests, skills, and personality can lead to various career and educational options that could be a great fit for you. Your first step in deciding which assessment might be right for you is to schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
- Self-Assessment Booklet
- Career Readiness Self Evaluation
- Picture Your Career - Self Assessment Booklet by Katherine Brooks and Grace J. Foy (Vanderbilt University)
Explore Additional Assessments with a Counselor
- From your Handshake homepage, click on Appointments under Career Center
- Click on Schedule A New Appointment
- Focus 2 – FREEBest for students who are interested in learning more about themselves as it relates to potential careers and majors.
- A free and self-paced career assessment tool that also allows students the ability to track their career planning progress.
- Access the resources here
- Strong Interest Inventory – $10Best for students who have not narrowed down their interests OR students who have an idea and are looking for validation or reinforcement.
- Assesses interests
- Reveals interest patterns and shows how these patterns relate to occupational choices
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator – $10Best for students who have some idea of what they would enjoy, but are looking for the best fit.
- Assesses personality
- Helps to better understand the relationship between behavior and an ideal work environment