Our Career Education team is here to help you reach your career goals. Schedule an appointment today!
- .Karol JohansenAssociate Director - Career EducationKarol Johansen is a proud UCI alumna (BA English) and has served in the field of Career Development for more than 25 years, specializing in the career needs of college students. Prior to her current position as Associate Director of Career Education, she served as Senior Counseling Manager for Pre-Professional Services at the UCLA Career Center where she assisted students in preparing and applying to graduate/professional schools.
Associate Director - Career Education
Karol earned her Master’s degree in Counseling at Loyola Marymount University with a concentration in multicultural education. She comes to UCI with private industry experience in financial services/advertising, having worked for a leading investment publication. Karol’s work in the field of career services has been featured in many major publications, including Time Magazine (Joel Stein’s Awesome Column) and the Los Angeles Times. One of Karol’s favorite career development quotes is “Be true to yourself and useful to the journey.”
- .Allison KellerAssistant Director - Career EducationAllison Keller graduated from Stanford University with an undergraduate degree in Psychology and Indiana University with a masters degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration. She provides career counseling, conducts workshops, and teaches classes to students and alumni on various aspects of career planning including career exploration, Strong/MBTI interpretation, job search strategies, and graduate school planning. She serves as the liaison to the Schools of Nursing, Public Health and Social Ecology.
Assistant Director - Career Education
- .Michelle MallenAssistant Director - Career Education / UCDC and SIP AdvisorMichelle Mallen received her Bachelors in Anthropology from UCSD and continued her studies in graduate school at UC Davis. After completing her Master of Arts in Anthropology degree, she decided to change career directions and obtained a Master of Science in Counseling degree from California State University, Sacramento. Michelle serves as a liaison to the School of Information and Computer Sciences, Undergraduate Undeclared, the LGBT Resource Center and the Veterans Services Office. She is also the Advisor for the Division of Career Pathways’ Summer UCDC and Sacramento Internship Programs.
Assistant Director - Career Education / UCDC and SIP Advisor
- .Brittney BillszarCareer EducatorBrittney graduated from UC Irvine with a Bachelors in Sociology. She later obtained her Master’s degree in Education with an emphasis in Higher Education from Cal State Fullerton. She has worked at a variety of public institutions with diverse student populations, ranging from community college students to graduate students. Brittney is honored to work with the students here at UC Irvine. She serves as the liaison for the Arts, Humanities, Social Science and Transfer Center.
- .Caroline ChiangCareer EducatorCaroline Chiang graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a degree in Management Science and Information Systems. She started her career in business working for Johnson & Johnson and graduating from their Information Management Leadership Development Program. After several years in the corporate world, she decided to change careers and pursue her passion in higher education. She received her Master of Education in Postsecondary Administration and Student Affairs from USC. Caroline has worked as a career counselor at various colleges and universities across the country, including Brown University, Boston University Questrom School of Business, UCI Paul Merage School of Business, and now at the UCI Division of Career Pathways.
- .Rachel ChristensenCareer EducatorRachel graduated from UC Irvine with a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and a Masters in Education with an emphasis in Educational Counseling from Azusa Pacific University. She has worked in a variety of roles within higher education including instructor recruitment, program development, academic advising, employer relations and career counselor. Rachel is actively involved in a non-profit organization where she fulfills her strong passion for working with educators, orphans and refugees in Southeast Asia by providing training and programming. She serves as a liaison for Social Sciences, Social Ecology and Education.
- .Andrea Chung Career EducatorAndrea Chung graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology. She went on to earn a master’s degree in Counseling (with emphases in college and career counseling) from San Francisco State University. In addition to providing career advising to college students, Andrea has also worked in other sectors within higher education/student affairs, including residential life, academic advising, tutoring and teaching. She currently serves as the primary advisor for students interested in applying to law school.
- .Lauren LyonGraduate Career EducatorLauren serves as the Graduate Student liaison. She received her Bachelor’s from CSUF in Sociology and her Masters in Educational and Clinical Counseling from Azusa Pacific University. She has worked at both private and public higher educational institutions, and outside of higher education, has worked in K-12 and with local non-profits providing counseling services. Lauren’s passion is helping students find purpose and meaning in their careers.
Graduate Career Educator
- .Stacie OshimaCareer EducatorStacie Oshima graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies. She then obtained her Masters degree in Communication Management at USC and spent five years at MGM in the marketing departments of the Television and Home Entertainment groups. After being inspired through informational interviews, Stacie decided to pursue the field of career counseling. She went back to UCLA for her Master of Education in Counseling in Student Affairs. She is a liaison with the undergraduate students at the Merage School of Business.
- .Joyce PaikCareer EducatorJoyce Paik graduated from UC San Diego with a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and a minor in Pre-Law. In addition, she received her Master of Education in Counseling in Student Affairs from UCLA.
She served as a career counselor for over 20 years at various colleges and universities in Southern California including UCLA, Santa Monica College, Soka University, Irvine Valley College, and now at the UCI Division of Career Pathways. Joyce has extensive experience in career counseling, teaching career courses, conducting workshops, strategic planning, assessment interpretation, creating job search strategies, and professional/graduate school planning.
Joyce’s passion is working with students to gain clarity of their career interests, guiding them towards a more meaningful and well-suited career path, and motivating them through a strategic action plan designed to bring their career thoughts to life.