- .Suzanne HelbigAssociate Vice Provost, Division of Career PathwaysSuzanne Helbig is the Associate Vice Provost at UC Irvine’s Division of Career Pathways, the first career services operation designated as a Division among US universities. Suzanne arrived at UCI with 15 years of experience in career services, including 13 years at UC Berkeley’s Career Center.
Associate Vice Provost, Division of Career Pathways
firstname.lastname@example.orgSuzanne currently serves on NACE’s Board of Directors and her involvement in NACE also includes co-chairing the 2018 Conference Committee and the 2017 Honors and Awards Committee; presenting at NACE’s inaugural Executive Leadership Symposium and Future of We kick-off program; numerous annual conference presentations; and the co-authorship of the chapter, “The Future of Career Services” for NACE’s book Leadership in Career Services: Voices from the Field.Suzanne served on the board of directors of MPACE (Mountain Pacific Association of Colleges and Employers) and was awarded its Outstanding Service Award in 2017. Suzanne is the Programme Chair for the 2020 Global Career Services Summit to be held in Singapore and she co-chaired the 2018 Global Career Services Summit held in Newcastle, UK and has been invited to speak at conferences in Ireland, Japan, and China. She has been interviewed by the New York Times, Fox News, ABC News, the San Francisco Chronicle, Time Magazine, New American Media, and the Orange County Register. Suzanne also worked at the University of Las Vegas-Nevada Career Center, taught English in Taiwan, and has traveled to over 50 countries. Suzanne holds a Master’s degree in Higher Education from the University of Arizona.
- .Karol JohansenAssociate Director - Career EducationKarol Johansen is a proud UCI alumna (BA English) and has served in the field of Career Development for more than 25 years, specializing in the career needs of college students. Prior to her current position as Associate Director of Career Education, she served as Senior Counseling Manager for Pre-Professional Services at the UCLA Career Center where she assisted students in preparing and applying to graduate/professional schools. Karol earned her Master’s degree in Counseling at Loyola Marymount University with a concentration in multicultural education. She comes to UCI with private industry experience in financial services/advertising, having worked for a leading investment publication. Karol’s work in the field of career services has been featured in many major publications, including Time Magazine (Joel Stein’s Awesome Column) and the Los Angeles Times. One of Karol’s favorite career development quotes is “Be true to yourself and useful to the journey.”
Associate Director - Career Education
- .Marydale LeonardFront Desk ManagerComing Soon
Front Desk Manager
- .Leigh PoirierSenior Project ManagerLeigh creates teachable moments to help others grow. With more than 20 years’ experience in education – ranging from elementary school teacher to directing the UCI Graduate Resource Center – she understands the power of education. In her current position as the Senior Project Manager for the Division of Career Pathways, she develops and promotes initiatives for students as they navigate their career paths. Her passion for mentoring and connecting people fuel her both professionally and personally.
Senior Project Manager
- .Jay WallAssociate Director - Employer RelationsJay began working in career services almost twenty years ago as a Career Counselor at UCLA. Since then, he has held positions in career counseling, research, and employer relations at MIT, Berkeley and USC. Currently, Jay and the entire Employer Relations team focus on developing and maintaining relationships with the very best organizations offering experiential learning opportunities and careers for students. Through events such as On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) and career fairs, Jay is focused on making sure every UCI student has access to satisfying and rewarding careers.
Associate Director - Employer Relations