- .Suzanne HelbigAssociate Vice Provost, Division of Career PathwaysSuzanne Helbig joined the University of California, Irvine as Director of the Career Center (now the UCI Division of Career Pathways) with 15 years of experience in career services, including positions in management, marketing and communications, career counseling, and employer relations. Since joining UC Irvine in 2013, she has implemented Career Readiness Initiatives, the Spring Break Job Shadow Program, Employer Engagement Initiative, new website design, new programs for graduate students and students interested in internships. She has added staff positions and seen facility improvements.
Associate Vice Provost, Division of Career Pathways
Along with co-hosting 2018’s Global Career Services Summit that will be held in Newcastle, UK, Suzanne also serves as co-chair of the 2018 NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) Annual Conference Programs Committee. Suzane has also served on the Mountain Pacific Association of Colleges and Employers (MPACE) Board of Directors. A frequent presenter at NACE and MPACE annual conferences, Suzanne has also participated in many of their committees and co-wrote the chapter, “The Future of Career Services” for NACE’s book Leadership in Career Services: Voices from the Field.
From 2000-2013, Suzanne worked at the University of California, Berkeley Career Center where she played key roles in strategic planning, staff engagement, social media, and communications. She also worked at the University of Las Vegas-Nevada Career Center. Suzanne has been interviewed by numerous media outlets including The Orange County Register, ABC News, FOX News, TIME Magazine, the San Francisco Chronicle, New American Media, and many more.
Suzanne’s professional international experience includes providing presentations, trainings, and consultation in Japan, China, and Ireland. Suzanne has also taught English in Taiwan and has traveled to more than 40 countries.
Suzanne earned her MA in Higher Education from the University of Arizona.
- .Mary BaileyOffice Manager
- .Karol JohansenAssociate Director - Career EducationKarol Johansen is a proud UCI alumna (BA English) and has served in the field of Career Development for more than 25 years, specializing in the career needs of college students. Prior to her current position as Associate Director of Career Education, she served as Senior Counseling Manager for Pre-Professional Services at the UCLA Career Center where she assisted students in preparing and applying to graduate/professional schools.
Associate Director - Career Education
Karol earned her Master’s degree in Counseling at Loyola Marymount University with a concentration in multicultural education. She comes to UCI with private industry experience in financial services/advertising, having worked for a leading investment publication. Karol’s work in the field of career services has been featured in many major publications, including Time Magazine (Joel Stein’s Awesome Column) and the Los Angeles Times. One of Karol’s favorite career development quotes is “Be true to yourself and useful to the journey.”
- .Leigh PoirierSenior Project ManagerLeigh creates teachable moments to help others grow. With more than 20 years’ experience in education – ranging from elementary school teacher to directing the UCI Graduate Resource Center – she understands the power of education. In her current position as the Senior Project Manager for the Division of Career Pathways, she develops and promotes initiatives for students as they navigate their career paths. Her passion for mentoring and connecting people fuel her both professionally and personally.
Senior Project Manager
- .Jennifer StrichartMarketing CoordinatorJennifer is responsible for all of the Division of Career Pathways’ marketing materials – from the website, social media sites, videos, and digital assets to The Navigator event and workshop guide, Job Search Guide, collateral materials, and original wall art. Before joining the DCP team in 2014, Jennifer primarily worked in the video game industry in production (localization) and marketing (creative). She is a proud alumna and received her Bachelor’s degree in English and Multiple Subject Teaching Credential from UC Irvine.
- .Jay WallAssociate Director - Employer RelationsJay began working in career services almost twenty years ago as a Career Counselor at UCLA. Since then, he has held positions in career counseling, research, and employer relations at MIT, Berkeley and USC. Currently, Jay and the entire Employer Relations team focus on developing and maintaining relationships with the very best organizations offering experiential learning opportunities and careers for students. Through events such as On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) and career fairs, Jay is focused on making sure every UCI student has access to satisfying and rewarding careers.
Associate Director - Employer Relations