Our Career Education team is here to help you reach your career goals. Schedule an appointment today!
- .Karol JohansenAssociate Director - Career EducationKarol Johansen is a proud UCI alumna (BA English) and has served in the field of Career Development for more than 25 years, specializing in the career needs of college students. Prior to her current position as Associate Director of Career Education, she served as Senior Counseling Manager for Pre-Professional Services at the UCLA Career Center where she assisted students in preparing and applying to graduate/professional schools.
Associate Director - Career Education
Karol earned her Master’s degree in Counseling at Loyola Marymount University with a concentration in multicultural education. She comes to UCI with private industry experience in financial services/advertising, having worked for a leading investment publication. Karol’s work in the field of career services has been featured in many major publications, including Time Magazine (Joel Stein’s Awesome Column) and the Los Angeles Times. One of Karol’s favorite career development quotes is “Be true to yourself and useful to the journey.”
- .Allison KellerAssistant Director - Career EducationAllison Keller graduated from Stanford University with an undergraduate degree in Psychology and Indiana University with a masters degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration. She provides career counseling, conducts workshops, and teaches classes to students and alumni on various aspects of career planning including career exploration, Strong/MBTI interpretation, job search strategies, and graduate school planning. She serves as the liaison to the Schools of Nursing, Public Health and Social Ecology.
Assistant Director - Career Education
- .Michelle MallenAssistant Director - Career Education / UCDC and SIP AdvisorMichelle Mallen received her Bachelors in Anthropology from UCSD and continued her studies in graduate school at UC Davis. After completing her Master of Arts in Anthropology degree, she decided to change career directions and obtained a Master of Science in Counseling degree from California State University, Sacramento. Michelle serves as a liaison to the School of Social Sciences and Veterans Services Offices. She is also the Advisor for the Division of Career Pathways’ Summer UCDC and Sacramento Internship Programs.
Assistant Director - Career Education / UCDC and SIP Advisor
- .Brittney BillszarCareer CounselorBrittney graduated from UC Irvine with a Bachelors in Sociology. She later obtained her Master’s degree in Education with an emphasis in Higher Education from Cal State Fullerton. She has worked at a variety of public institutions with diverse student populations, ranging from community college students to graduate students. Brittney is honored to work with the students here at UC Irvine. She serves as the liaison for the Arts, Humanities, Social Science and Transfer Center.
- .Caroline ChiangCareer CounselorCaroline Chiang graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a degree in Management Science and Information Systems. She started her career in business working for Johnson & Johnson and graduating from their Information Management Leadership Development Program. After several years in the corporate world, she decided to change careers and pursue her passion in higher education. She received her Master of Education in Postsecondary Administration and Student Affairs from USC. Caroline has worked as a career counselor at various colleges and universities across the country, including Brown University, Boston University Questrom School of Business, UCI Paul Merage School of Business, and now at the UCI Division of Career Pathways.
- .Rachel ChristensenCareer CounselorComing Soon
- .Andrea Chung Career CounselorAndrea Chung graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology. She went on to earn a master’s degree in Counseling (with emphases in college and career counseling) from San Francisco State University. In addition to providing career advising to college students, Andrea has also worked in other sectors within higher education/student affairs, including residential life, academic advising, tutoring and teaching. She currently serves as the primary advisor for students interested in applying to law school.
- .Stacie OshimaCareer CounselorStacie Oshima graduated from UCLA with a Bachelors degree in Communication Studies. She then obtained her Masters degree in Communication Management at USC and spent five years at MGM in the marketing departments of the Television and Home Entertainment groups. After being inspired through informational interviews, Stacie decided to pursue the field of career counseling. She went back to UCLA for her Master of Education in Counseling in Student Affairs. She is a liaison with the undergraduate students at the Merage School of Business.