Dear UCI Community,
Greetings from UCI’s Division of Career Pathways (DCP). We hope you are staying healthy and well during this time.
While our building is closed until further notice, our services are accessible via various online platforms. Below are two “Resource Quick Lists” for students as well as staff and faculty. We have more resources for you to explore on our website: career.uci.edu.
DCP Resource Quick List for Students:
- Career Counseling and Advice: Login to your Handshake account to schedule a time to speak with a Career Educator via Zoom or phone
- Job and Internship Search Workshops: Login to your Handshake account to access our list of online webinars on topics like job search techniques, resume writing, and internships
- Job and Internship Postings: Login to your Handshake to find and apply for opportunities
- Employer and Graduate School Info Sessions: Login to your Handshake account to find a variety of employers and schools that are hosting online sessions about their organizations
- Coursera for UCI: Log in to Coursera for UCI with your UCI netID for free access to thousands of courses and specializations to learn new skills and sharpen your professional skillsets to increase career options. Earning a Coursera certificate allows you to share your accomplishment on LinkedIn and your resume.
- UCI on Coursera: From now until July 31st, you can also access over 3,800 online courses from top-ranked universities all over the world with UCI on Coursera. As with Coursera for UCI, you can log in with your UCI netID and browse through thousands of courses in a wide array of topics.
- Interview Practice: Login to Big Interview, accessible on career.uci.edu, to access thousands of interview questions and an online practice platform
- Career and Internship Advice Information Resources: Go to career.uci.edu to access our How-To Guides, Job Search Toolkit, and Career Spots videos
DCP Resource Quick List for Faculty and Staff:
- Request a Virtual Workshop: We are offering all of our normally available workshops through Zoom for your classes, programs, and student groups. We welcome you to submit a request and we will coordinate with you.
- Career-Related Assignments: Use this link to access simple and effective career-related assignments for you to incorporate into your courses or programs to improve your students’ career readiness
- Incorporating Career Readiness into your Syllabi: Learn how to easily incorporate career readiness competencies in your course syllabi and student job descriptions and see examples of other syllabi
- Coursera for UCI: Log in with your UCI netID for free access to thousands of courses and specializations to advance your career on topics ranging from project management, effective communication strategies, and more. Coursera certificates will be offered free of charge to those who successfully complete the course. Click here for additional resources.
- Udemy for Business: UCI staff and faculty can access more than 4,000 online courses to further their professional and personal goals. Taught by industry experts, Udemy’s courses provide learners with up-to-date and relevant information for developing leadership, productivity, design and other areas. Click here for additional resources.
If you have questions about any of these programs and services, please contact us at email@example.com. We also encourage you to visit our website to learn more about our full array of resources.
In closing, thank you for your patience and flexibility during this time. We look forward to assisting you this spring.
Associate Vice Provost, Career Pathways
Additional resources for students or interested staff and faculty: