Student jobs are available right here on campus. Read on to learn how you can find a campus job and the answers to frequently asked questions.
- Where can I find campus jobs?Start by visiting Handshake. You can also check the “Additional Resources” links to the right for more on-campus job listings. You can also come to the Division of Career Pathways’ Part-Time Job Fair, held every year on the Tuesday of Welcome Week from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in Aldrich Park. This fair will include campus departments, off-campus work study jobs, and part-time jobs with local businesses in close proximity to campus.
- What is the difference between Work Study & Non-Work Study?Work Study refers to a part of the Federal Work Study program. Work Study funds are awarded as part of your financial aid package. Visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships website for more information.
- I don’t have any work experience. Can I still apply for a campus job? Do I need a resume?Campus jobs can be a great way to gain work experience. Many students applying to campus jobs do not have previous experience. A resume is encouraged, but some departments only require a paper application.
- How can I prepare to apply to a campus job?Just like with any other job or internship position, be sure to utilize the Division of Career Pathways’ resources, have your resume and cover letter reviewed during drop-in advising, and brush up on your interviewing skills.
- How many hours can I work?You are permitted to work up to 19.5 hours per week during the academic year and up to 40 hours a week during breaks.
- Are campus jobs flexible with my class schedule?Yes, the department will request a class schedule and base your work hours so there will be no conflicts.
- Are all campus jobs located in Irvine?No, some campus jobs are located at the UCI Medical Center campus in Orange, CA.
- Will all campus jobs be posted on Handshake?No, some departments hire a high volume of students and maintain their own job boards. See the “Additional Resources” menu to the right for links to these departments.