The UCI Division of Career Pathways’ Peer Program helps students gain professional skills while helping their peers!
Peer Program Overview
- Great internship experience during the academic year
- Earn 4 units a quarter for a 10 hr/week commitment*
- Advise students about career planning, resumes, job search, interviewing, and graduate school
- Learn and develop skills in marketing, communication, and leadership
*Internships can be used as Social Ecology Field Study during the Winter or Spring Quarter
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Peer Program?
- It’s a 10 hour per/week – academic year long internship program beginning in September and ending in June.
- Peer Consultants can receive 4 units of credit each quarter, and the internship can also be used as Social Ecology Field Study Credit.
- Peer Consultants receive extensive training in the fall quarter, and then implement what they learn in the winter and spring quarters.
- Peer Consultants advise students about career planning, resumes, job search, interviewing, and graduate school.
- Peer Consultants videotape a student’s practice interview and then provide feedback.
- Peer Consultants provide Division of Career Pathways orientations and workshops to campus clubs and housing units.
- Peer Consultants promote and market Division of Career Pathways services through various career fairs and events, postering fliers, classroom announcements, outreach tables, etc.
- Why do students want to be part of the Peer Program?
- To help fellow students with their career, resume, interviewing, job search, academic major, and graduate school concerns through one-on-one drop-in advising.
- To sharpen communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- To be part of a professional and fun work environment.
- To take full advantage of all Division of Career Pathways services.
- To network with various employers.
- To be in a position to help and give back.
- To benefit from all that they learn and get exposed to.
- How do you apply for the Peer Program?
- Applications are available on Handshake in winter quarter and are due in March.
- Group interviews take place in spring quarter.
- A group of interns are carefully selected in spring quarter.
- Orientation and training of new Peer Consultants begin in September.
- Come to an information session held during winter quarter or contact Allison Keller at 949‑824‑6881 or email@example.com for more information.