Career Classes & Groups
The Career Center offers Career Classes and Career Groups for students to engage in career exploration and planning alongside their peers.
Career Groups are targeted towards students who are undecided in their career path. Facilitated by a career counselor, these highly interactive groups meet for three weeks and focus on self-discovery. Participants should be comfortable actively participating in group discussions. Students engage in activities to explore their interests and values to help generate potential career interests. The Career Center hosts groups in the Winter and Spring quarters, with 8-10 students per group. If this sounds like the right fit for you, join a Career Group!*
There are three groups to choose from for Spring 2017. Each group will meet for three weekly sessions.
- Thursdays from 9:30am-10:50am (April 13, April 20, & April 27)
- Thursdays from 10:00am-11:20am (May 11, May 18, & May 25)
- Fridays from 9:30am-10:50am (April 28, May 5, & May 12)
To be part of this group, you will need to:
- Commit to attend all three meetings, which are 80 minutes long.
- Complete weekly assignments and actively participate in discussions.
- Pay $5 for a Career Assessment.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR SPRING QUARTER.
If you have any questions, contact Allison Keller. *Not for Credit.
Career Group Interest Form
Career Classes vary in topics such as "Career Planning," "Job Search Strategies," and "Preparing to Intern." Classes are P/NP and 1.3 credits. See the University Affairs courses in the Schedule of Classes for current class schedule.