Career Classes & Groups
The Career Center offers Career Classes and Career Groups for students to engage in career exploration and planning alongside their peers.
Career Groups are targeted towards students who are undecided in their career path. Facilitated by a career counselor, these highly interactive groups meet for three weeks and focus on self-discovery. Participants should be comfortable actively participating in group discussions. Students engage in activities to explore their interests and values to help generate potential career interests. The Career Center hosts groups in the Winter and Spring quarters, with 8-10 students per group. If this sounds like the right fit for you, join a Career Group!*
There are three groups to choose from for Winter 2017. Each group will meet for three weekly sessions.
- Mondays from 11:30am-12:50pm (January 23, January 30, and February 6)
- Mondays from 9:30am-10:50am (January 30, February 6, and February 13)
- Thursdays from 3:00pm-4:20pm (February 2, February 9, and February 16)
To be part of this group, you will need to:
- Commit to attend all three meetings, which are 80 minutes long.
- Complete weekly assignments and actively participate in discussions.
- Pay $5 for a Career Assessment.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
If you have any questions, contact Stacie Oshima. *Not for Credit.
Career Group Interest Form
Career Classes vary in topics such as "Career Planning," "Job Search Strategies," and "Preparing to Intern." Classes are P/NP and 1.3 credits. See the University Affairs courses in the Schedule of Classes for current class schedule.