External Job Resources
Listed below are a variety of job listing websites for you to explore and to find open positions. The listed websites have been reviewed and recommended by Career Center staff. These links are to external websites [see Disclaimer]. For job listings that are specifically looking for UCI students, please visit ZotLink.
Job Search Resources
Apprenticeships and Training Opportunities
- CareerOneStop: Apprenticeships – Connection to apprenticeship resources on the Department of Labor website, including links to apprenticeship programs in all states.
- Indeed – Save time by using one site to search over 1,000 public job boards. Optimized for mobile use.
- InternQube – A one stop resource for everything internship-related. Includes search resources, industry specific links, book recommendations, videos, articles, and more. Developed and maintained by one of the most well regarded internship professionals in the U.S., Michael True.
- Jobs Corps – free education and training program for disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16 and 24 that helps them develop a career path, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job.
- Looksharp powering Internmatch – Internship postings are reviewed for legitimacy in an effort to eliminate scams. The website also provides industry guides, resources, and webinars with guests from high profile companies.
- My Next Move: Careers with Registered Apprenticeships – Lists of careers with apprenticeship programs registered with the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Peace Corps – A volunteer organization established to promote world peace and friendship. Website offers more information on this volunteer service program.
- The Corporation for National and Community Service – Lists of programs and focus areas for various industries and other fields of focus.
- USDOL: Regional Offices of Apprenticeship – Federal Office of Apprenticeship within the U.S. Employment and Training Administration.
- USDOL: State Apprenticeship Agencies – Lists of many states with registered apprenticeship programs.
Resources for Diverse Audiences
- Black Collegian Online – Resources for African-American college students and other students of color that provides information on careers, job opportunities, graduate and professional schools, internships, study abroad programs, and more.
- Diversity Employers – magazine for those who seek information on careers, job opportunities, graduate/professional school, internships/co-ops, study abroad programs, and other employment and career advancement opportunities with employers who are interested in recruiting a diverse workforce.
- Feminist Jobs and Internships, the Feminist Majority Foundation – Lists of jobs that provide feminists with a space to find jobs that progress the status of women or encompass their passion for social justice.
- National Congress of American Indians – Job opportunities from American Indian, Native Hawaiian and Alaska Native businesses, governments and organizations, as well as businesses looking to hire Native American people.
- ISNA Careers, Islamic Society of North America – Job listings with the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) as well as jobs posted by other organizations.
- LatPro – Provides a search resume database and job postings, including email alerts, for Hispanic and bilingual professionals (Spanish/English and Portuguese/English).
- LGBT CareerLink – Allows visitors and users to view job opportunities from a broad variety of diversity-friendly employers, review career resources, and learn about upcoming events for the LGBT community.
- The OU Job Board, The Orthodox Union – Free source of job listings for the U.S., Canada, and Israel, some of which are in Jewish faith-based organizations.
- Indian Health Website – Resources for American Indians and Alaska Natives who are interested in a career in health. Learn about different career paths, find current vacancies, scholarship and internship opportunities.
- The National Native American Bar Association – Resources for Native Americans interested in practicing law. The NNABA’s Young Lawyers Committee provides opportunities for networking and career development.
- OUT for Work – A non-profit organization focused on helping LGBTQA college students successfully transition from academia to the work place. OUT for Work has featured partner companies on their site, for those seeking LGBTQA supportive employers.
- Human Rights Campaign, Annual Corporate Equality Report – Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is a civil rights organization and annually rates hundreds of American employers—including Fortune 500 companies and law firms—in regards to their LGBT inclusive policies and practices.
Resources for Military Personnel and Veterans
- CivilianJobs.com – Online job postings for candidates that are currently transitioning out of the military as well as military veterans with varying amounts of business experience.
- Military to Civilian – Gateway to the many sites and services that prepare veterans and personnel preparing to separate from the service. Individuals can review their many resources and select those that work best, from career and job search advice to resume assistance to job placement.
- National Job Search Resources for Veterans, Job-Hunt.org – Articles and resources for military personnel and veterans on making the transition to the civilian workforce.
- Resources for Veterans and Military Personnel and Their Families – Links to sites, services, and resources that support current and former military personnel and their families. Also provides information on pay rates and employment verification, and employment and financial rights for reservists called to active duty.
Resources for Persons with Disabilities
- Entry Point – Offers students with apparent and non-apparent disabilities internship opportunities in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of business.
- Hire Disability Solutions – Information and resources for individuals to connect with employers and find employment opportunities.
- Workplace & Employment: American Association of People with Disabilities – Partners with several employers to offer internship programs specifically for young persons with disabilities. Actively recruits Washington DC – based organizations to participate in the Greater Washington Internship Coalition, offering even more opportunities to these talented students and young professionals.
Resources for Undocumented Students
- UCI Dreamers – A UCI specific site that offers information for undocumented students, their families, allies, and advocates.
- Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC) – Resources for undocumented students to enhance their academic and career goals including a list of scholarships and a Life After College Guide with tips on working, studying abroad, and graduate school.
- National scholarships – Harvard University has compiled a list of scholarships that are open to undocumented students.
- DREAM Act FAQs – Resources that break down the DREAM Act.
- National Immigration Law Center on DACA - U.S. organization dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of low-income immigrants.
- Immi - Learn about your eligibility for different statuses.
- Employers Hiring DACA Students - List of employers interested in hiring DACA students.
- Pre-Health Dreamers - provides resources for undocumented students pursuing graduate and medical education.
- DACA FAQs – The Immigration Policy Center breaks down the major questions about DACA.
- DACA and Workplace Rights – the National Immigration Law Center provides information on employment rights for those who have applied for DACA, received DACA and have a work permit, or are trying to renew DACA status.
- My Undocumented Life - blog that provides information and resources to undocumented immigrants.
- SCORE - Resources for Entrepreneurs / How to Start Your Own Business
- Renaissance Entrepreneur Center - Resources for Entrepreneurs / How to Start Your Own Business
- U.S. Small Business Administration - Resources for Self-Employed and Independent Contractors
- DACA Guidance for Employers – Considerations and advice for employers looking to hire DACA recipients.
- Bureau of Labor Statistcs: Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) – Provides employment and wage estimates annually for over 800 occupations.
- CareerOneStop.org: Salaries & Benefits Information – Searchable database that provides wage and salary information for various occupations.
- Salary.com – Provides information on salary data, total compensation, benefits, and perquisites received on a diverse range of jobs.
- NACE Salary Calculator
Search By Industry:
Architecture, Planning, & Environmental Design
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) East Bay – Includes job listings & resume posting service.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) San Francisco – Includes job listings & resume posting service.
- American Planning Association – Jobs/internships in planning and allied fields.
- American Society of Landscape Architects – Online job listings and resume posting service. Utilize Firm Finder to search for firms by speciality and geographic location.
Arts & Entertainment
- Actors’ Equity Association – The labor union representing over 40,000 American actors and stage managers working in the professional theatre. Provides job notices for actors and stage managers.
- American Alliance of Museums – Searchable jobs database.
- Bay Area Video Coalition – Jobs in video and new media.
- Careers in Music, Berklee College of Music – Links to various resources for individuals interested in a career in music or music management.
- Communication Arts Network – Source of inspiration for individuals and professionals involved in visual communications.
- Creative Hotlist – Includes job openings, companies, and resources for creative services, artists and designers.
- EntertainmentCareers.Net – Entertainment job and internship listings.
- Mandy.com – Film/TV production job vacancies searchable by skill and location (includes international opportunities).
- OffStageJobs.com – Provides listings for behind-the-scenes jobs in theatre and live entertainment.
- TeamWork Online – Job listings for a variety of teams and leagues including NBA, NHL, NFL and Major League Baseball Teams, Major League Soccer, and Arena Football.
- Actuary.com – Includes resources for jobs, career information, actuarial exam study materials, courses, schools and seminars.
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) – Provides informational and job finder resources for individuals considering a career in the CPA profession.
- Associate for Financial Professionals (AFP) – Allows users to post their resumes and apply to jobs online.
- CareerBank – Accounting and finance jobs, including some entry level. Lots of jobs in California.
- eFinancialCareers – Banking and financial market jobs in a variety of industries in US and International locations. Some entry-level jobs posted, some requiring additional experience.
- MarketingHire.com – Offers resources and search tools for Marketing and PR jobs as well as salary information and expert career advice.
- MarketingJobs.com – Features marketing and sales jobs nationwide.
- TalentZoo – Marketing, advertising, and PR jobs for all levels of experience.
- American Copy Editors Society (ACES) – Copy editing jobs and internships posted on a Yahoo! Groups’ bulletin board.
- Bay Area Society of Television, Advertising and Radio – Bay Area jobs and internships in advertising, media, radio, and television.
- Bookjobs.com – Jobs within the book publishing industry.
- JournalismJobs.com – TV, radio and newspaper jobs and internships.
- mediabistro.com – Jobs in magazine and book publishing, television, radio, newspapers, online media, social media, advertising, PR, marketing, corporate/technical writing, and design/art/photography.
- Academic360 – Meta-collection of Internet resources; includes links to 3025 faculty, staff, and administrative announcements.
- California Community College Job Listings – A large scale database containing all open positions at California Community Colleges.
- EDJOIN – Job listing site of choice for California school districts. Full range of education positions, both classified and certificated,administrator, counselor, librarian, others.
- PhDs.org – Resource that provides information ranging from career advice to postdoctoral life and helps individuals evaluate and decide on a graduate school.
- TEACH California – Provides resources and advice for those interested in a teaching career.
- Troops to Teachers – U.S. Department of Defense program that helps military personnel start new careers as public school teachers.
- UC Employment Opportunities – Employment opportunities available throughout the UC System.
- USA K-12 Employment Opportunities, University of Kentucky’s College of Education – List of teacher certification requirements across the 50 states and possible job opportunities.
Engineering & Computer Science
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Careers – Connects students to jobs in the field of chemistry.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Careers – Connects students to jobs in the Aerospace industry.
- American Institute of Architects – Career information for students aspiring to become an architect.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) – Lists current job openings, posted in Chemical Engineering Progress Magazine and on the AiChEWeb.
- AngelList – Connects students to Startup jobs and information.
- American Statistcal Association (ASA) Job Board – Lists current job openings for Statisticians.
- American Society of Civil Engineer (ASCE) Jobs – Lists current jobs for Civil Engineers.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineer Jobs Database – Lists current jobs for Mechanical Engineers.
- Association for Computing Machinery – Searchable database of information technology/computing jobs.
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Job Board – Lists current jobs in the Biomedical industry.
- ComputerWorld – Lists current job openings for the IT job industry.
- Dice – Information Technology (IT) job board with high tech permanent, contract and consulting jobs.
- Energy Vortex – Lists jobs in the Energy engineering field.
- Engineering Central – Lists many entry-level jobs for a wide range of engineering fields across the nation.
- Engineering Jobs in the Federal Government – Informational guide about federal employment that allows you to research federal agencies and government careers and provides practical tips for completing your job application.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Jobs – Lists current jobs in EE&CS.
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) Jobs – Lists current jobs in Industrial Engineering.
- MaterialsJobs.com – Connects students to positions in Materials and Metallurgy.
- Math Careers – A comprehensive guide to all things related to careers in Mathematics.
- NASA – Career resource for individuals who want to work at NASA.
- Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) Job Board – Lists companies and articles related to nuclear engineering.
- E Jobs: Environmental Jobs and Careers – Useful information on job listings nationwide.
- EnvironmentalCareer.com – Provides job listings and resume postings for job seekers along with training, internship, and employment opportunities.
- Green Dream Jobs – Lists career and internship openings, links and resources.
- Green Jobs Network – Searchable database of environmental and social responsibility positions throughout the US.
- GreenBiz JobLink – Clearinghouse for jobs and resume posting.
- OceanCareers.com – Links to databases that has information about the varying educational institutions with ocean-related programs and descriptions of more than 50 ocean occupations.
- Work for Water – Resources to help find jobs and prepare for a career in protecting public health and the environment.
- 911hotjobs.com – Job board for those interested in a career in public service. Fields include law enforcement, fire, and EMS.
- American Bar Association: Career Center – Find jobs within the legal services industry and post your resume.
- Association of Bay Area Governments – Job listings for local city and county government and special district agencies.
- California Courts – Official site for job listings within the judicial branch of California State government, including the Administrative Office of the Courts.
- Careers in Government – Resources for those interested in a career in government or the public sector.
- CQ Roll Call – A publication for Congressional news and information on Capitol Hill.
- Discover Policing – Learn about the different types of law enforcement agencies, what law enforcement is like, and what the job is all about.
- Idealist – Thousands of searchable listings in nonprofit, non-governmental and government agencies.
- LawJobs.com – Job listings target legal professionals, but includes other resources including temporary legal staffing agencies.
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations: Career Center – Helps paralegals or those aspiring to be one with information on the career. Also has a job board that connects job seekers and employers (note: job board operated by third party.)
- Public Affairs Council – Job listings in public affairs, mostly in Washington DC.
- Public Service Careers – Job listings and career information for government, NPO/NGO, international and other public sector careers.
- Union Jobs Clearinghouse – Staffing and trades positions in organized labor searchable by state and by union name.
- USA Jobs – Official site for federal jobs, maintained by the Office of Personnel Management.
- U.S. Department of Defense – Resource for those interested in civilian careers for the DoD.
- U.S. Department of State – Resource for those interested in jobs and/or a career with the Department of State.
- CareerVitals.com – One of the largest healthcare only job boards on the web.
- ExploreHealthCareers.org – Provides information on diverse fields of interest within the health career industry as well as advice and tips about entering the profession.
- Idealist – Thousands of searchable listings – do an Advanced Search with “Health and Medicine” Area of Focus and your location.
- PublicHealthJobs – The Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health’s job listing service. Most positions require a graduate degree.
- Sutter Health Job Listings – Job listing database for over 25 healthcare organizations in the Northern California area.
- UC San Francisco – Positions include research, administrative/management, clinical & other health care positions.
- Foundation Center/Philanthropy News Digest Job Corner – New jobs added weekly, mostly development positions, but other nonprofit jobs are posted as well.
- Idealist.org – A project of Action Without Borders, arguably the BEST global clearinghouse of nonprofit resources, including jobs, internships, mailing lists, and nonprofit resources by state and country.
- Work for Good – A resource for nonprofit jobs and employment opportunities.
- SocialService.com – Links to job listing sites of social service agencies, and the option to receive free email updates of new job and employment information for your state.
- BioSpace.com – Pharmaceutical and biotechnology national job listing site searchable by job category, geographical region, or company.
- Chemical & Engineering News Classifieds – Listings are from the two most recent issues of Chemical & Engineering News and Find A Job! that includes industrial and academic positions.
- NewScientistJobs – Provides a list of science and technology jobs, courses and career advice.
- ScienceCareers – Provides a comprehensive database of world-wide positions listed in Science magazine including research positions in industry, government, and academic settings.
- Sciencejobs.org – International science jobs database searchable by sector (industry, academic, government) and by discipline (e.g., bioinformatics, virology, environmental science, more).
These external sites are neither created nor maintained by the University of California, Irvine or the Career Center; therefore, we are not responsible for the content presented therein.
Sites are reviewed on an annual basis for relevancy, ease of use, and utility for UC Irvine students. If you have any comments about the sites, or would like to recommend a new site to include, please feel free to contact us.