About the Job Shadow Program
The Job Shadow Program pairs students with professionals in Orange County and beyond for an opportunity to spend one day in the workplace during Spring Break.
This involves shadowing a professional through a normal day’s activities and may include informational interviews, a tour of the facility, and participation in actual office projects. This experience is a great way for students to get an insider’s view of a position and an organization while gaining professional skills and expanding their network.
The UCI Job Shadow Program is not a paid experience. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the host site as well as their lunch during the Job Shadow Program.
Spaces still available for the following Job Shadow Opportunities!
- Cintas (Professional Services)
- Lyon Living (Property Management/Operations)
- Carson Senior High School (Physics/Chemistry)
- Laura's House (Non-Profit/Domestic Violect Prevnention Education)
- Law Offices of Rachel H. Lew (Finance/Insurance/Estate Planning)
- Los Angeles Unified School District (Education)
- Laserfiche (Sales)
- Playworks Southern California (Education)
- Toys R' Us (Logistics/Supply Chain Management)
- Alliance College-Ready Public Schools (Education)
- Department of Industrial Relations (Judicial Services/Worker’s Compensation)
- Carrington Holding Company, LLC (Business/Real Estate)
- Experian (Business Operations)
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Group (Commercial Insurance)
- Peace Corps (Non-Profit)
- Applied Medical (Engineering/Clinical Development)
- Kodiak Capital Group, LLC (Private Equity/Finance)
- Beach Dental Group (Dentistry)
- The New Home Company (Purchasing, Land Acquisition/Land Planning/Business Operaations)
- The New Home Company (Purchasing)
- Equity Residential (Property Management)
- Orange County United Way (Non-Profit Fundraising)
- Performance Settlement (Loan Consolidation)
- LA Fitness (Operations Management)
- Thieme Medical Publishers (Publishing)
- Schneider Electric (Technical Writing)
- S. Navy (Civil Engineering/Nuclear Propulsion)
- Pacific Life (Retirement Services)
- Lyon Living (Real Estate Management)
- Lexia Learners (Education)
- Walk Intuit (Equine Therapy)
- Yorba Linda Optometry & Beyond (Optometry)
- K-Force (Staffing)
- Northwestern Mutual Newport Beach (Financial Services)
Submission Process & Important Dates
This one-day program takes place during the Spring Break, March 27th-31st, 2017. To be considered for the program, please be prepared to submit your resume and cover letter to the Job Shadow Programs you are interested in between February 3rd, 2017 - February 26th, 2017. Please click here for resume and cover letter submission instructions.
|Wednesday, January 11th||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Career Center Training Room|
|Thursday, January 19th||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Career Center Training Room|
|Tuesday, January 24th||11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Career Center Training Room|
|Friday, January 27th||12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Career Center Training Room|
Resume Submission Window: Monday, February 3rd - Sunday, February 26th
Please visit Zotlink during the Resume Submission Window for a list of participating organizations.
Please note that participation in the program is not guaranteed. You will receive an email notification of your status in the Job Shadow Program by March 3rd. For students who are selected to participate, they must confirm their participation in the program by Sunday, March 5th at 5:00pm or they will forfeit their spot in the program.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.