Student jobs are available right here on campus. Find out how you can find a campus job and the answers to frequently asked questions.
- Where can I find campus jobs?
- Most departments post their positions on ZotLink. You can also scroll down on this page for a few department links. There is also a Work Study and Campus Job Fair every year during the Tuesday of Welcome Week from 11am-1pm right next to the Career Center. Because of the number of students interested in campus jobs, we highly recommend attending the Fair if you are looking for a campus job.
- What is the difference between Work Study & Non-Work Study?
- Work Study refers to a part of the Federal Work Study program. Work Study funds are awarded as part of your financial aid package. Visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships website for more information.
- I don't have any work experience. Can I still apply for a campus job? Do I need a resume?
- Campus jobs can be great ways to gain work experience. Many students applying to campus jobs do not have previous experience. A resume is encouraged, but some departments only require a paper application and a resume is optional.
- How can I prepare myself to apply to a campus job?
- Just like with any other job or internship position, be sure to utilize the Career Center’s resources and have your resume and cover letter reviewed during drop-in advising, and brush up on your interviewing skills.
- How many hours can I work?
- You are permitted to work up to 19.5 hours per week during the academic year and up to 40 hours a week during breaks.
- Are campus jobs flexible with my class schedule?
- Yes, the department will request a class schedule and base your work hours so there will be no conflicts.
- Are all campus jobs located in Irvine?
- No, some campus jobs are located at the UCI Medical Center campus in Orange, CA.
- Will all campus jobs be posted on Zotlink?
- No, some departments hire a high volume of students and maintain their own job boards. See the “Additional Resources” menu to the right for links to these departments.